What is/are the role(s) and purpose(s) of higher education in the United States?
The reflection should be from your perspective- you do not have to cite
However, if you do cite for some reason, you must include the reference.
– The assignment is in APA format
– In a 4-page double-spaced paper, reflect on the role of history in higher education. To guide this reflection, reflect on several or all of the following prompts.
• What is/are the role(s) and purpose(s) of higher education in the United States?
• What issues have emerged to prompt reform in higher education and what is the nature of these reforms?
• How has higher education hindered/promoted access, equity, and outcomes in the United States?
• What makes higher education “higher”?
• How is an educated person defined?
• How have social identities, such as class, race, and nationality shaped opportunities for specific populations within higher education?
• What events, people, and policies occurring in the past twenty years will undoubtedly shape the future of higher education?