(Get Answer) – Unified theory of acceptance and use of technology (utaut) for
The UTAUT is a model (or theoretical framework) that suggests 4 key constructs (performance expectancy, effort expectancy, social influence, and facilitating conditions) to determine technology acceptance. This acceptance of technology can be for a single user or organizational-wide. The technology can be an emerging technology, but it can also be an existing technology.
By examining technology acceptance through the use of these constructs in a “real world” environment, researchers and practitioners can assess an individual’s intention to use a specific system, thus allowing for the identification of the key influences on acceptance in any given context. This information can be used to inform the development of an implementation plan for the new technology.
Here are some possible emerging technologies to consider (note: feel free to choose an emerging technology from outside this list.
- Cryptocurrency or blockchain (i.e. Bitcoin, Litecoin).
- FinTech (financial technology).
- Cyber analytics – emerging use of analytics to support cybersecurity.
- Artificial Intelligence/machine learning applications in present and near future use.
- Augmented reality/virtual reality applications.
- Biometric advances.
- Wearable technology.
Using the study material provided in u03s1 and other resources, choose an emerging technology and submit a 2–3 paper organized around the 4 constructs:
- Performance Expectancy (technology performance).
- Effort Expectancy (ease of use).
- Social Influence (the degree to which an individual perceives that important others believe he or she should use the new system).
- Facilitating Conditions (the degree an individual believes that an organizational and technical infrastructure exists to support the use of the system).
These constructs may also have sub-categories based on gender, age, experience, and voluntariness of use (Venkatesh et al, 2003).
Submit your paper to the assignment area by 11:59 on Sunday of this week.
Your assignment must meet this criteria, please refer to the scoring guide for this assignment.
- Conduct a research activity for selection of an emerging technology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of UTAUT as a theoretical framework for the adoption of an emerging technology.
- Apply the theoretical construct of performance expectancy for emerging technology adoption.
- Apply the theoretical construct of effort expectancy for emerging technology adoption.
- Apply the theoretical construct of social influence for emerging technology adoption.
- Apply the theoretical construct of facilitating conditions for emerging technology adoption.
- Communicate key points in a professional tone in a logical, well-organized manner with credit to external sources that meets the expectations of senior IT leaders.