(Get Answer) – Exam: 186081rr | Accounting homework help
Exam: 186081RR – PRINT-READING SYMBOLS AND ABBREVIATIONS
you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. When a print needs more information, a table called a _______ shows details about doors, windows, plumbing and
electrical sizes, and model numbers.
B. ladder diagram
2. The most common thread type used today for nuts, bolts, and screws is the _______, which uses V-shaped grooves.
A. Modified Worm
B. Unified National
C. ACME thread
D. Sharp V thread
3. In the figure above, the equipment marked D1–10 is a
A. ceiling diffuser.
B. louver opening.
C. return air duct.
D. fan with a belt-driven motor.
4. Referring to the figure above, the unenergized condition of
A. switch PB1 and contact OL is closed.
B. contacts M1 and OL are open.
C. switch PB1 and contact M1 is open.
D. contacts M2 and CR1 are closed.
5. Prints for electrically controlled hydraulic systems are divided by function. One print is for the fluid-control system, and a
(n) _______ is for the electrical wiring.
A. output device
B. flow configuration
C. ladder diagram
D. variable displacement print
6. In the figure above, how many convenience outlets are shown inside the room on the print?
7. Referring to the figure above, how far below the finished floor is the top of the footing?
8. A(n) _______ included in a set of prints cuts the building horizontally, showing heating equipment, doors and windows,
and room sizes.
A. plan view
B. ladder diagram
C. site plan
D. orthographic projection
9. Referring to the figure above, the components labeled
A. L1 and L2 represent connections to the power supply.
B. L1 and L2 represent rungs.
C. TS and CR represent circuit grounding points.
D. L1 and L2 represent grounding wires.
10. Pneumatic cylinders operate on the same principle as hydraulics, but are unable to
A. feed information back to a computer.
B. provide the linear, in-and-out motion.
C. be used in robotic applications.
D. generate the force of hydraulics.
11. Referring to the figure above, this part
A. is a casting machined to size and drilled for mounting holes.
B. was through drilled in four locations.
C. wasn’t machined on any surface.
D. is a welded assembly of three machined parts.
12. A bolt on a print is listed as a
–32 without any additional abbreviations. What extra abbreviations would the bolt most
13. Referring to the figure above, the identification 24″ O.C. refers to
A. 24 inches of the referenced component must be coated with metal oxide.
B. the type of steel girders to be used.
C. the reference features being spaced 24 inches between their center points.
D. the original width of the referenced component.
14. A site plan indicates water lines as
A. lines made from a series of long dashes followed by two short dashes.
B. lines made of short dashed lines.
C. a solid line with the letter W spaced periodically in the line.
D. a solid line marked H
15. On a site plan for a building layout, surveyors have established an elevation mark on a print that reads REF 596.656′
BM. In this case, BM most likely means
A. a geographic marker on the site.
B. a bill of materials.
C. the elevation of the top of a roof.
D. a reference to a surveyor’s benchmark.
16. Pressurized reservoirs that provide fluid to hydraulic equipment circuits are called
A. output actuators.
B. confined pistons.
C. pneumatic pools.
17. In the figure above, to what do the identifiers 400 cfm refer?
A. The hardness standard to which the ducts must conform
B. The type of copper-sheet metal alloy used to make the ducts
C. Airflow of 400 cubic feet per minute
D. The identified components’ model number
18. The horizontal line used in basic welding symbols is called a _______ line.
19. To get a smoother surface finish, use a(n) _______ RMS number next to the machining symbol.
20. The most common thread type used for most fastener applications are _______ threads.
A. common class
B. class 1
C. class 2
D. Class 3