(Get Answer) – Drotos engineering: disaster recovery and business continuity
The Drotos Engineering cloud migration project is proceeding. Your applications require a 99.9% uptime. You are now working on the disaster recovery and business continuity plan to ensure that occurs.
Senior wants to be assured Drotos Engineering is prepared to handle any disaster or business interruptions. Therefore, you decide to prepare a summary of your plan and a sample procedure from your disaster recovery and business continuity (DR/BC) plan to review together.
Write a 3-page summary in Microsoft® Word of your DR/BC plan that includes:
- An overview of your patch management strategy to ensure your systems and applications are up-to-date
- An overview of your backup strategy to ensure applications and all company data is available, including:
- A schedule or plan for full and incremental backups
- The planned use of automated tools
- The types of disasters and potential causes of business interruption covered by your plan
Select an event covered by your DR/BC plan.
Write a high-level DR/BC plan process that would be included in your DR/BC playbook for this event.
- Use the DR/BC Playbook Procedure Template to document your processes.
- Each process should be no longer than one page. Outline the DR approach on one page and the BC approach on the second.
Refer to the Sample DR/BC Playbook Procedure as needed.