(Get Answer) – Discussion: foundational neuroscience | NURS 6630 – Psychopharmacologic Approaches to Treatment of Psychopathology | Walden University
Discussion: Foundational Neuroscience
As a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, it is essential for you to have a strong background in foundational neuroscience. In order to diagnose and treat clients, you must not only understand the pathophysiology of psychiatric disorders, but also how medications for these disorders impact the central nervous system. These concepts of foundational neuroscience can be challenging to understand. Therefore, this Discussion is designed to encourage you to think through these concepts, develop a rationale for your thinking, and deepen your understanding by interacting with your colleagues.
· Analyze the agonist-to-antagonist spectrum of action of psychopharmacologic agents
· Compare the actions of g couple proteins to ion gated channels
· Analyze the role of epigenetics in pharmacologic action
· Analyze the impact of foundational neuroscience on the prescription of medications
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Post a response to each of the following: Include sub headings please.
1. Explain the agonist-to-antagonist spectrum of action of psychopharmacologic agents.
2. Compare and contrast the actions of g couple proteins and ion gated channels.
3. Explain the role of epigenetics in pharmacologic action.
4. Explain how this information may impact the way you prescribe medications to clients. Include a specific example of a situation or case with a client in which the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner must be aware of the medication’s action.