(Get Answer) – Data modeling and implementation techniques
1) What is a DBMS? What do we use it for?
2) What is a Relational DBMS? How is it different from DBMS? Give examples for both.
3) Which user groups interact with a running DBMS?
4) Describe the following terms:
a. Data model. What are its three parts?
b. Logical schema
c. Conceptual schema
d. Physical schema
5) How is SQL used in RDBMS?
6) What is redundancy? Give one advantage and disadvantage of redundancy.
7 Identify some informal queries and update operations that you would expect
to apply to the database shown in Figure 1.2.
8 Specify all the relationships among the records of the database shown in
9 Cite some examples of integrity constraints that you think can apply to the
database shown in Figure 1.2.
10) Consider Figure 1.2.
a. If the name of the ‘CS’ (Computer Science) Department changes to ‘CSSE’
(Computer Science and Software Engineering) Department and the corresponding
prefix for the course number also changes, identify the columns
in the database that would need to be updated.
b. Can you restructure the columns in the COURSE, SECTION, and
PREREQUISITE tables so that only one column will need to be updated?