(Get Answer) – Apply: signature assignment: sdlc presentation
Refer to Ch. 3, “Pine Valley Furniture Company Background,” in Part One, “Foundations for Systems Development,” of Modern Systems Analysis and Design. In this course, there are weekly assignments incorporating Pine Valley Furniture, and you might use components from the previous week’s assignment to complete future Pine Valley Furniture assignments.
Imagine this scenario: You work for Pine Valley Furniture. The board of directors is considering launching a WebStore and does not know what is involved in developing a new system. You have been asked to present to the board of directors to help them know what to expect.
Create a 12- to 16-slide presentation directed to the board of directors in which you:
- Explain the importance of using systems analysis and design methodologies when building an information system.
- Justify the systems development life cycle (SDLC) implementation, and explain why that’s the best option, rather than the quick and easy process.
- Summarize the criteria for selecting commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) presented in Modern Systems Analysis and Design, Ch. 2.
- Identify additional criteria that are, or might be, used to select COTS.
- Consider if the choice was between alternate custom software developers rather than pre-written packages.
- Select appropriate criteria for comparing multiple application custom development bids.
- Briefly define each of these criteria.
- Briefly summarize the project management process.
- Explain which of the 4 project management process phases you think is most challenging.
- Explain how to mitigate the risks for that stage.
Include speaker notes and media, such as graphics or tables.
Cite any references and graphics used to support your assignment.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.