Benchmark – nursing process: approach to care
The nursing process is a tool that puts knowledge into practice. By utilizing this systematic problem-solving method, nurses can determine the health care needs of an individual and provide personalized care.
Write a paper (1,750-2,000 words) on cancer and approach to care based on the utilization of the nursing process. Include the following in your paper:
1. Describe the diagnosis and staging of cancer.
2. Describe at least three complications of cancer (Complications of cancer are caused by the cancer), the side effects of treatment, and methods to lessen physical and psychological effects.
3. Discuss what factors contribute to the yearly incidence and mortality rates of various cancers in Americans.
4. Explain how the American Cancer Society (ACS) might provide education and support. What ACS services would you recommend and why?
5. Explain how the nursing process is utilized to provide safe and effective care for cancer patients across the life span. Your explanation should include each of the five phases and demonstrate the delivery of holistic and patient-focused care.
6. Discuss how undergraduate education in liberal arts and science studies contributes to the foundation of nursing knowledge and prepares nurses to work with patients utilizing the nursing process. Consider mathematics, social and physical sciences, and science studies as an interdisciplinary research area.
You are required to cite to a minimum of four sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice. DO NOT USE AMERICA CANCER ASSOCIATION AS A SOURCE.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide 7th edition.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Randall, J. (2018). Cellular and Immunological Complexities. Pathophysiology: Clinical Applications for Client Health. Grand Canyon University (Ed.). https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs410v/pathophysiology-clinical-applications-for-client-health/v1.1/#/chapter/4
Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). What are the risk factors for skin cancer? U. S. Department of Health and Human Services. https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/basic_info/risk_factors.htm
Perez, D., Kite, J., Dunlop, S. M., Cust, A. E., Goumas, C., Cotter, T., Walsberger, S. C., Dessaix, A., & Bauman, A. (2015). Exposure to the dark side of tanning skin cancer prevention mass media campaign and its association with tanning attitudes in New South Wales, Australia. Health Education Research, 30(2), 336–346. https://doi-org.lopes.idm.oclc.org/10.1093/her/cyv002
Hubert, R. J. & Vanmeter. K. C. (2018). Gould’s pathophysiology for the health professions (6th ed.). Saunders.